Mihai Teodor Olteanu
I do not know who I am, but in all my beautiful dreams, since childhood, I dreamed of being a painter.
And today my best dreams and my greatest desires are the same, namely, to become a painter.
I’ll never dream of something more beautiful.
PHONE: +40 756 840 860
University of Arts and Design in Cluj-Napoca, Vlaicu Building
1975 – 1978
Study program Fine Arts – Painting
Olteanu Art – Owner, Art director
Orhideea art gallery – Art director
Cupola art gallery – Owner, Art director
First private art gallery in Timisoara, Romania
SOLO EXHIBITIONS (not full list)
- The National Museum of Banat is a museum in Timișoara, Romania, headquartered in Huniade Castle.
- Exhibition-Symposium in memory of the heroes of the 1989 revolution and presentation of the book album “Encounter with the Angel”, from December 20, 2020, in the “Lumina Ingerilor” Gallery, in Bastion Maria Teresia. The Associations of Revolutionaries from Timisoara participate, presenting their joint activity. The National Foundation of the Revolution of December 89 had the role of organizer.
- Book launch “The meeting with the angel”, at the Writers’ Union in Timișoara on January 25, 2019.
- Documentary exhibition in Brussels and the beautification of the halls of the European Council and the European Parliament with paintings by visual artists, during Romania’s presidency of the European Council between March 4-6, 2019. Meetings with representatives of the European Parliament.
- Painting exhibition at the Timișoara Business Center at the Vin Vest Salon during April 19-21, 2019.
- Painting exhibition in Piața Libertății in Timisoara at the Arts Festival on June 6, 2019.
- Painting exhibition and book launch “Meeting with the angel”, in Lugoj on June 10, 2019.
- La Scala art gallery – Mihai Teodor Olteanu painting exhibition in the Alcatel office building, Gheorghe Lazăr no. 9 and interview at Tvr Timișoara on December 14, 2019.
- Painting exhibition at Club 30 in Timișoara, in memory of Mihai Eminescu, with two guests from the Romul Ladea Association of Visual Artists, between January 15 and March 5, 2018.
- Painting exhibition at the Banat Museum, at Bastion Terezia (attic) called “Love between gift and divine command”; the exhibition was opened by Dan Ciobotaru, representative of the museum; Prof. Marcel Tolcea and art critic Rodica Vârtaciu. The exhibition opened from March 9 to April 2018.
- Painting exhibition at the Timișoara Business Center at the Vin vest event organized by Lucia Pârvu between March 30, 2018, and April 1, 2018.
- Painting exhibition, “Milleniile neamului romanesc” within the ARA Conference (Romano-American Academy of Arts and Sciences) 7th edition organized in Cluj-Napoca, exhibition set up in Babeș Bolyai University between May 23, 2018, and June 15, 2018. ARA Award.
- Painting exhibition in the Urania Palace cultural space in Cluj Napoca from May 25, 2018 – June 2018.
- Exhibition dedicated to the Revolution of December 1989 at the Banatul Philharmonic in Timișoara from December 14, 2018-2019. Received three awards from the National Revolution Foundation.
- Awarding of the Diploma of Excellence for painting by the City Hall of Timisoara on December 17, 2018
- Launch of the book catalog “Encounter with the Angel”, on December 22, 2018, at the Army House in Timișoara, an event dedicated to the 29th anniversary of the Romanian Revolution.
- Painting exhibition, Stairway to Heaven, at the Court of Appeal in Timișoara where Prof. Marcel Tolcea, Prof. Kelemen Gabriel, Father Popescu Ionel, and the Vice President of the Court of Appeal, Judge Obeșterescu Gheorghe opened the exhibition. The exhibition takes place on February 16, 2017 until January 2018 (partly).
- Timișoara Notaries’ Ball – charity exhibition on February 25, 2017.
- Painting exhibition at the “Vin vest” wine festival, organized by Luci Pârvu at the Timișoara Business Center between March 31 and April 2, 2017.
- Painting exhibition at Casa Brediceanu in Lugoj, an event where Mr. Francisc Boldea, the mayor of Lugoj, Prof. Simona Avram, and Marius Gangan from TV Lugoj spoke; exhibition open from May 18 to June 4, 2017.
- Painting exhibition at the Mercedes Representation (Calea Torontalului) from July 14, 2017.
- Painting exhibition “Magic of summer flowers” at the City Hall Gallery in Timișoara from July 17-August 2017.
- Painting exhibition at the University of Craiova, at the 41st ARA Congress (Romanian American Academy) between July 19-22, 2017. ARA Award
- The Ball of Hope – Association of Women Entrepreneurs from Romania, XIX edition, donated two paintings for charitable cases; the event took place on October 27, 2017.
- Rotary Charity Ball, donated two paintings for charitable causes; the event took place on November 18, 2017.
- Painting exhibition at the Town Hall Gallery in Timișoara on January 11, 2016.
- Painting exhibition at the Banatul Philharmonic in Timișoara from February 10 to April 30, 2016.
- Creation of the fresco “Daphne and Chloe” and painting of Saint Demetrius in Greece-Kardamili between March 31 and April 20, 2016.
- Painting exhibition at the Regional Business Center in Timișoara at the “Vin vest” event, between April 23-25, 2016.
- Painting exhibition at the Regional Business Center in Timișoara at the “Universul casei tale” event, between May 19-22, 2016.
- Pedestrian painting exhibition in the Piața Unirii area at the “Night of the museums” event in Timișoara on May 21-22, 2016.
- Painting exhibition at the Timisoara Banat Philharmonic on June 14, 2016.
- Painting exhibition at the Town Hall Gallery in Timișoara on August 1-30, 2016.
- Painting exhibitions in Spain, in the cities of Alcala at the University of Alcala and the Gallery of Casa Cantabria and in the city of Rivas in a gallery in a shopping center from September 16 to September 25, 2016.
- Painting exhibition at the “Vin test” event, a wine festival at Casa Scânteiei in Bucharest on October 28-30, 2016.
- Painting exhibition at the regional business center in Timișoara at a furniture fair between November 3-6, 2016.
- Painting exhibition at the Banat Philharmonic in Timișoara during November 7-December 2016.
- Painting exhibition at the Regional Business Center in Timișoara at the “Vin vest” event with Luci Pârvu between April 3 and April 5, 2015.
- Painting exhibition at the Timișoara Business Center on the occasion of the medical equipment exhibition, between October 8-10, 2015.
- Painting exhibition at the Lugoj Art Gallery from April 8 to April 22, 2015.
- Painting exhibition at the Regional Business Center at the “Universe of your home” event, between May 7-10, 2015.
- Painting exhibition at the Timișoara County Council in June 10-June 30, 2015.
- Personal painting exhibition at the Helios Gallery in Timișoara on August 6-20, 2015.
- Permanent painting exhibition in the premises of the “La Maria” pizzeria in Timișoara on August 24, 2015, until… the present.
- Painting exhibition at the Clinical Hospital in Timișoara at the oncological surgery section on September 8-November 29, 2015.
- Painting exhibition at the English Pub Club in Lugoj from September 20 with the opening on October 8, 2015.
- Painting exhibition at the Regional Business Center in Timișoara at the “Furniture Expo” event, November 5-8, 2015.
- Painting exhibition “December 1989”, at the Romanian Opera in Timișoara between December 16, 2015 and January 8, 2016.
- Painting exhibition, dedicated to the Timisoara Revolution, at the Army House in Lugoj between December 22 and February 4, 2016.
- Painting exhibition, Missing Vincent, at the Helios Gallery in Timișoara from February 20 to March 5.
- Inauguration of the “Bunavestire” Gallery in Timișoara County Hospital on May 9, 2014, exhibition open until September 2014. Anniversary of the County Hospital.
- Painting exhibition in Timișoara Mall June 2014.
- Painting exhibition at the Town Hall Gallery in Timișoara in the period September 1-September 15, 2014.
- Painting exhibition, at the Nottara Theater in Bucharest between September 6 and October 2014.
- Painting exhibition at the Romance Festival, Roze pe Bega, on September 20 and 21, 2014.
- Painting exhibition at the University of Medicine in Timișoara on September 16, 2014
- Painting exhibition at the Banatul Philharmonic in Timișoara on October 3, 2014.
- Painting exhibition at the Timișoara Business Center during October 24-25, 2014.
- Ball of Hope-Rotary Club donated a painting
- Painting exhibition, Altar 89, at the Institute of the Romanian Revolution 1989 in Bucharest on November 5, 2014.
GROUP EXHIBITIONS (not full list)
- At the Rotary Ball donated a painting for charitable causes on November 12, 2022
- Joint exhibition with Stefan Popa Popas (the best caricaturist in the world) on the Day of the Romanian Army on the occasion of the 250th anniversary
- Painting exhibition in the Art Gallery “Lumina ingerilor” in Terezia Bastion on 15.07.2020 with guests: Linda Saskia Menczel, Lidia Ștef Vărşăndan, Adina Elena Căta, Liliana Ana Cadar, Tăbuică Alexandra, Gabriela Pietreanu, Daniela Florena Olariu, Sonia Tătucu, Maia Şipoș, Loredana Ianovici, Sebastian Alexa, Andrei Băncilă, Constantin Grangure, Nicolae Popovici, Geza Molnar, Petru Galiș, Suleyman Eryrk and Mihai Teodor Olteanu.
- Participates with works in collective exhibitions: Lugoj, Caransebes, Otelul Rosu, Oradea.
- At the Rotary Ball donated a painting for charitable causes on February 9, 2019
- Joint exhibition at the Helios Gallery in Timișoara – the 8th edition of the UAPT Prize Winners’ Salon during April 15-24, 2019.
- Joint exhibition at the Sacred Art Museum of the Metropolitan Cathedral of Timișoara on March 31, 2019.
- Romanian-Spanish painting camp in Voiteg, Timiș county, between September 4-12, 2019. Artists participating: Ioan Oniciuc-painter Spain, Valeriano Hernandez-sculptor Spain, and Romanian painters Mihai Teodor Olteanu and Pavel Torony. The opening of the collective exhibition “Light and color” was at the Asocult Association headquarters in Voiteg. Father Tănase Nechifor from the Orthodox parish in Timișoara and the host of the camp, Mr. Professor Emil Cazan, took the floor and the piano recital was performed by Alexandru Reisz, master’s student at the Timișoara Conservatory. After the painting camp, a section of contemporary fine art was established within the Ethnography Museum of Voiteg where the works of artists Ioan Oniciuc, Pavel Torony, Mihai Teodor Olteanu, and Valeriano Hernandez are exhibited.
- Painting exhibition Mihai Teodor Olteanu and presentation of the book “Encounter with the angel”, in the Bastion Multifunctional Center, the info center of the Timiș County Council, in collaboration with the students of the Art High School in Timișoara, Filip Suici, Popovici Constantin, Adela Murărescu, Elisabeta Trankulov on December 21, 2019, dedicated to the Romanian Revolution.
- Collective exhibition in Brussels with several Romanian artists dedicated to the Centenary of Romania, between January 2018 and July 1, 2019.
- Exhibited two paintings during the 2017 UAPT Prize Winners Salon, the 6th edition at the Helios Gallery in Timișoara between May 17, 2018, and May 31, 2018.
- Exhibited in Venice in a group exhibition, the work “Religious holiday (01.17)”, between May 10, 2018, and May 27, 2018.
- Painting exhibition in Piața Libertății in Timișoara on the occasion of the “Festival of the arts”, organized by the Timișoara City Hall from June 5, 2018, to June 10, 2018.
- Group exhibition at the Helios Gallery in Timișoara, exhibiting the work “Ancient Gold of Timișoara (26.16)”, between July 26, 2018, and August 9, 2018.
- At the Ball of Hope organized by the Association of Women Entrepreneurs from Timișoara, the 20th edition, the painting “Lilies’ Wedding (110.18) was donated for charitable purposes on November 2, 2018.
- Painting exhibition at the Ștefan Jager Museum in Jimbolia called “Soul of Romania”, as part of the event “100 Years of Romania”, between November 3 and November 24, 2018.
- Painting exhibition at the Library of the University of West Timișoara as part of the Glorep International Conference held in this space between November 15 and December 2018, an event organized by ARA. ARA Award.
- At the Rotary Ripensis Ball in Timișoara, a painting was donated for charity cases on November 17, 2018.
- Painting exhibition at the City Hall Gallery in Timișoara, called “We don’t die”, dedicated to the Timisoara 89 Revolution, in collaboration with four artists from the Romul Ladea Visual Artists Association (Gabriela Pietreanu, Gheorghița Simion, Cadar Liliana and Alexa Sebastian) during December 22, 2017-January 2018.
- Group exhibition of paintings at the Helios Gallery in Timișoara, under the title “Liberated Timișoara”, between July 21 and August 3, 2016.
- International visual art camp (Romanian-Spanish) Barbizonul Banatului from Bazoșul Nou during October 10-16, 2016. Second edition.
- Painting exhibition with artists from Spain at the Timișoara County Council on October 25-November 2016.
- Joint painting exhibition at the Helios Gallery in Timișoara on December 8, 2016.
- The annual visual arts fair at the Timișoara Art Museum participates with a work, opening on February 3, 2015.
- Joint exhibition at the Helios Gallery in Timișoara for Easter on April 1-15, 2015.
- International Camp and Visual Art Symposium (Romanian-Spanish) Barbizonul Banatului, between October 22 and October 28, 2015.
- Joint exhibition of painting and sculpture “The Bell”, from the Timișoara County Council between November 11 and December 10, 2015.
- Ball of Hope – Rotary Club – Auction for charity cases, two paintings donated – March 22, 2014.
- Charity event for the Betany Foundation, donated a painting, on April 9, 2014.
- Charity ball for a school with disabled children on June 5, 2014, donated a painting.
- Charity event – Lyones ball, donated a painting that was sold at auction.
- Painting exhibition in Brussels where Mihai Teodor Olteanu participates (with two works) and other artists from Timișoara, an event organized by Mrs. Maria Grapini on December 9, 2014.
AWARDS (not full list)
- Honorary degree – Institute of the Romanian Revolution of December 1989
- Ordinul Victoria Revolutiei Romane din Decembrie 1989 – 30 de ani
- Fighter for the victory of the December 1989 revolution – Fighter with a decisive role – The State Secretariat Romania
- Gala of excellence (mayor of Timisoara)
- Honorary degree – ALTAR 1989
- The “Ionel Jianu” Special Distinction – American-Romanian Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Special Award – American Romanian Academy
- Certificate of Participation – American Romanian Academy
- Diploma of excellence Rotary Timișoara
- Lions Diamond Club Timisoara diploma
- Special diploma of appreciation, Observatorul, Toronto, Canada
- Recognition diploma from B.E.N.A.
- Anniversary diploma – AfAR
- Diploma – Roman Catholic parish
PUBLICATIONS (not full list)
2018 – “The meeting with the angel.” Mihai Teodor Olteanu in dialogue with Vasile Bogdan
Book & documentary